Thursday, September 30, 2010

To Diana Jones

Since I cannot comment directly to your post on the Michigan Moto Mania facebook page, I will comment here.  I do wish you had commented on the post that offended you, but I understand that there is a moratorium among Moto Mania supporters against commenting on my blog. 

I want to clarify to you, Diana, that I was not suggesting that Joe's vote had anything to do with you.  What I was pointing out, and I'm sorry you missed the point, was that your situation with Joe, and Bob's situation with his significant other are exactly the same.  I only used your quote to illustrate that point and to point out the double standard applied to Joe and Bob.  Joe is on the "right" side of the issue because of his vote to uphold the Special Use on the Gamble-Longenecker property, and Bob is on the "wrong" side of the issue because of his vote to overturn the Special Use on the Gamble-Longenecker property. 

What I was suggesting is that those conducting the witch hunt left Joe alone because they agreed with his vote, but they were all over Bob trying to find a reason to discredit him because they did not like the way he voted.  Besides the unfounded rumor about his relationship to Ginnie Collins, they had also noted that he was hugging someone from the neighbors' side of the room.  If they were trying to use his girlfriend to discredit him, then the same standard should apply to Joe.  That is all.  I was comparing apples to apples.

The rest of your quote I left in to illustrate and acknowledge that it is difficult to find volunteers for these appointments.

And by the way, for all of your claims to be neutral, your words and tone tend to give the impression that you favor Moto Mania.  I have no problem with that.  Support whomever you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment